Advantages of Membership
The Arkansas Education Association / National Education Association offers numerous professional benefits to members.
- AEA is the largest, oldest and most powerful education association in Arkansas.
- AEA is the only education association advocating at the state legislature for public-education priorities and employees.
- AEA advocates for academic freedom and fights to protect faculty tenure.
- AEA advocates for wages and benefits for faculty and education service professionals (ESPs), including administrative staff, custodians, bus drivers and nurses.
Your Local 965 offers its members a stronger voice in university matters. Its affiliation with AEA/NEA gives us a prominent voice in Little Rock, especially regarding legislation and regulation. By joining AEA/NEA your dues ensure that faculty and staff at the University of Arkansas are represented at the state capitol. Together with our advocacy work in Fayetteville, these efforts are vital in the fight to protect academic freedom, tenure, workplace safety, retirement and health benefits, and a living wage for all employees. NEA of course lobbies for similar progress on these issues in Washington.
In a more retail sense, AEA Products and Services as well as NEA Member Benefits offer third-party programs and services, special agreements and exclusive deals. These include arrangements for shopping and travel discounts, banking services such as credit cards, and the like. These include:
- The Attorney Referral Program provides two free consultation sessions of up to 30 minutes in any core area — except tax concerns — and discounted attorney fees thereafter with participating attorneys. The AEA page of the NEA Attorney Referral Program lists participating law firms in the state.
- AEA membership means discounts on travel as well as cash-rewards credit card. Other benefits arranged by the NEA include savings at restaurants, electronics, home products, and clothes. Summary of current NEA benefits (PDF).
- AEA Federal Credit Union services and accounts, as well as personal financial planning are available free to AEA members.
- AEA offers discounts on homeowners and auto insurance, as well as supplemental health insurance.
- AEA membership means discounts on new and used cars, as well as repairs (toward bottom of page) at the Landers Brothers Auto Group.
- AEA membership means discounts on supplies at Office Depot/Office Max.
Ready to sign up?Here’s the form